Friday, March 23, 2012

With Vincent Price As Haymitch

.

Have you guys seen EW's gallery of prospective posters for The Hunger Games if it had been directed by other directors in history? They've got the Hitchock and Fincher versions, and so on - the above one is the Roger Corman version and it's definitely my fave. "She-devil Deathmatch in the Blood Arena!" is so so awesome. And JLaw makes for a fine retro-flavored lady.

So this won't surprise any of you but when I wrote up this week's new releases for Celebrity Beehive I wrote a whole bunch about The Hunger Games therein. I mean, it's not exactly out of turn - this is the movie's moment. I know some of you guys have seen it already - feel free to share your opinions in the comments. 


Other movies out this weekend (although they're all in limited release) are The Raid: Redemption, which I almost saw last night but crapped out on because I am so lazy, and The Deep Blue Sea with Rachel Weisz and Tom Hiddelston, which I was supposed to see a couple of weeks ago and, uh, crapped out on because I am so lazy. Good grief. I am so lazy!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment